Computers are complex devices made up of hardware from different companies and thousands of lines of software, together with various drivers. The stability of today's computers is impressive.
IT professionals often find it easy to solve complex computer problems in the workplace, but there are many small and simple problems that arise not only at work but also in personal use. Many computer problems have simple solutions, so knowing about them can help you save time and money.
What's the most common thing that goes wrong with your computer?
Here are some of the most common computer problems, their causes and solutions:
- Computer does not turn on: The problem can be caused by a variety of reasons, from an incorrectly connected charging cable to viruses. The most common cause is charging problems. The charging cable should be checked to ensure that it is firmly connected to the computer and to a working socket.
- Slow computer performance: Older computers can run slowly due to applications that use too many resources. To discover such programs, it is useful to use the "Task Manager".
- The computer makes strange noises: A noisy fan or strange hard disk sounds may indicate an impending failure. It is a good idea to back up your data and use diagnostic programs.
- Frozen screen: This could be due to insufficient RAM, registry conflicts or malware. A reboot is usually enough to fix the problem.
- The computer automatically switches off and on again: This could be due to a technical or system failure, malware or outdated drivers.
- Slow internet: The problem can be caused by internal or external reasons. Sometimes it is enough to switch the modem unit off and on again.
- Blue computer screen: This is the so-called "screen of death", caused by a critical error. It is often related to system failures.
- Operating system or software that doesn't work normally: If the operating system or software is not working as normal, it is recommended to restart your computer and perform a virus scan.
In all cases, if you cannot solve the problem yourself, it is advisable to seek professional advice.